Driver's License Requirements For Foreign Nationals
Driver's License Requirements For Foreign Nationals
● Passport and translation notarized
● Residence Permit Notarized
● Certificate Of Education Notarized With Equivalence Certificate From Provincial National Education
● Judicial Record
● 6 Photos
● Health Report
● TC number for foreign nationals given by the police
Information about the procedures for translating a foreign driver's license into a Turkish driver's license
Conversion of Foreign Driver's Licenses to Turkish Driver's Licenses
1-certified translation of driver's license from notary public or embassy,
2-driver's license file (you can obtain it from the Drivers Association.)
3-driver's License Application Form, (traffic registration institution is filled in electronic environment),
4-original and photocopy of the birth certificate ( residence permit for foreign nationals),
5-two (2) photographs (taken within the last six months.)
6-driver consent Report (original) (from State Hospital or private health institutions),
7-blood type certificate or written declaration,
8-original foreign driver's license (to be returned after processing-except Germany driver's mm certificate),
9-color copy of foreign driver's license
10-fee receipt from finance or bank (according to driver's license class),
11-driver's license card fee,
12-TRNC driver's license translation is not required.
For more information http://www.trafik.gov.tr you can find out at/.
Gayrettepe Traffic contact : Tel:+90(212)214 42 05 +90(212)2144210
Foreigners using their driver's licenses from foreign countries in our country;
1) the vehicle can be used for a maximum of six months from the date of entry to our country with driver's licenses obtained from foreign countries.
2) at the end of six months in order to be able to use the vehicle in our country, it is obligatory to replace the driver's license obtained from foreign countries with the driver's license in our country. The provisions of bilateral and multilateral agreements with the relevant laws in our country driver's licenses driver's licenses from foreign countries are listed below with modification principles and procedures:
a) application can be made to any traffic registration institution.
b) the information and documents which must be submitted during the application shall be determined by the General Directorate of security.
c) driver's license receivables, except the education and examination requirement stated in Article 41 of the law No. 2918, the same article of not being convicted, age, education and health conditions are sought exactly. However, for foreigners with diplomatic exemption without prejudice to the provisions of bilateral or multilateral agreements and applications, written declarations of their carrying the necessary conditions shall be taken as basis.
d) if necessary, examination and investigation of the accuracy of the driver's license can be carried out through the Ministry of foreign affairs or our foreign representatives.
e) temporary foreign driver's licenses are not changed.
f) driver's licenses obtained from countries that are not parties to the road traffic Convention and do not have a bilateral agreement on the mutual recognition and exchange of driver's licenses shall not be replaced by the driver's license of our country.
g) the driver's licenses obtained by Turkish citizens from countries that are parties to the road traffic Convention shall be replaced with the equivalent or equivalent driver's licenses.
h) the motor bicycle (moped), motorcycle, rubber-wheeled tractor, construction machine or automobile vehicles obtained by foreigners from the countries that are parties to the road traffic Convention, the driver's licenses given to use other types of vehicles in our country with the equivalent of the driver's certificates, our country B Class driver's license, but the documents of those authorized to use Other class driver's licenses are required for training and examination.
in order to obtain a different class of driver's license in our country, people who have obtained a driver's license from foreign countries must have converted their driver's license from foreign countries into a driver's license in our country.
The driver's licenses obtained from foreign countries, which are replaced with the driver's licenses of our country, are sent to the relevant country. In accordance with the article 39 of the law No. 2918 on those who use a vehicle without providing the conditions specified in this article with the driver's licenses they have received from foreign countries, action is taken.”
We will answer all your questions with the most comprehensive article you can find about converting a foreign driver's license to a Turkish driver's license, which is a subject of particular concern to our citizens living abroad. You can easily convert your driver's license to a Turkish driver's license with the information about the driver's license translation processes you will obtain from our article.
Is a foreign license valid in Turkey?
It is possible to use the driver's license obtained from foreign countries other than Turkey in Turkey under certain conditions. The conditions for Turkish citizens and foreign nationals vary.
● Conditions for Turkish citizens to use a vehicle in Turkey with a license obtained from foreign countries;
● With the driver's license obtained from foreign countries, you can use the vehicle for a maximum period of one year as of the date you entered our country.
● If you are going to stay in Turkey for more than 6 (six) months and drive, you must also have your driver's license and the Turkish translation of your driver's license approved by foreign agencies or notaries when driving.
● If you are going to stay in Turkey for more than one year, when one year is up, your foreign driver's license must be replaced with your country's driver's license.
● Conditions for foreign nationals to use vehicles with foreign driver's licenses in our country;
● Foreign nationals can drive in Turkey for a maximum period of 6 (six) months with their driver's licenses obtained from foreign countries.
● If they continue to stay and drive at the end of the six-month period, the foreign driver's license must be replaced with the Turkish driver's license.
Which Countries ' Licenses Are Translated Into Turkish Licenses?
In our country, only if you belong to one of the 84 (Eighty-Four) countries which are parties to the road traffic Convention and have agreed on the exchange of driver's licenses, the driver's license exchange process is carried out. It is not possible to convert the licenses obtained from the countries excluded from this agreement to the licenses of our country. In order to use a vehicle in our country, those who have a driver's license from countries that are not in the table need to take a new driver's license by going to the driver's license courses. The countries that have mutual agreements with our country and where it is possible to translate their driver's licenses are shown in the list below.
All driver's license procedures have been taken from the General Directorate of Police and given to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs. Therefore, you need to convert the foreign license to the Turkish license by going to the population offices. You must first make an appointment to perform your procedures.
● https://randevu.nvi.gov.tr go to/ and click on “driver's license/make an appointment” in the second tab and make your appointment.
● After you have made your appointment, you can go to your appointment by preparing the following documents.
● Original and color copy of foreign driver's license
● Notarized or consular certified Turkish translation
● Identity document
● Driver Health report
● Driver's license valuable paper and tuition fee, foundation share
● 1 biometric photo
● Document or written declaration indicating blood type
● Notarized translation of Education documents obtained from abroad
● Judicial Registration Certificate (electronically controlled from the system.)
Other Things To Know About Turning Foreign Driver's License Into Turkish Driver's License
● Except for the education and examination requirement stated in Article 41 of the law no.2918, the conditions of not being convicted, age, education and health are sought in the same way for those who will obtain a driver's license. For foreigners with diplomatic exemption only, their written declaration of their compliance with the requirements shall be taken as basis; but the provisions of bilateral or multilateral agreements and practices shall be kept in the same manner.
● If necessary, the accuracy of the driver's license may be investigated by the Ministry of foreign affairs or foreign agencies.
● Temporary foreign driver's licenses are not replaced.
● A Class B driver's license is issued in exchange for the driver's licenses obtained by foreigners from countries which are parties to the Convention on road traffic, motor bikes, motorcycles, tractors with rubber wheels, construction machines or automobiles. If they are authorized to use the vehicles in question with a trailer, they will be replaced with a BE class driver's license. If all other class driver's licenses are requested, an education and examination requirement is also required.
● If you want to obtain a driver's license in a different class than the one you received from a foreign country, your current foreign driver's license must be translated into a Turkish driver's license.
● Driving licenses obtained from foreign countries that have been replaced with Turkish driver's licenses are sent back to the relevant country.
● If you use a vehicle with a foreign license without complying with these conditions, you will be treated according to Article 39 of the law No. 2918.
Foreign Driver's License To Convert Fee To Turkish Driver's License
The amount of the fee to be paid is updated every year at the beginning of the year.
● Tuition by class of driving licence,
● Driver's license fee,
● Foundation share,
It is among the items of the amount you will pay.
|Driving license fees, cards and foundation share fees for 2020|
|Driver's License Card Fee||200TL|
|Class A1, A2 and A driving licence fee||249TL|
|Class B driving licence fee||751TL|
|Class F,H driving licence fee||249TL|
|Class D,E,G driving licence fee||1.254TL|
You can get support by sending all your questions about your driver's license to our team by email.
Sign up for Driver's License Requirements For Foreign Nationals newsBy Iamistanbul Became a writer for Iamistanbul
- 0 Likes