The station code of Haydarpaşa Train Station, which was built between 1906 and 1908 as the starting station of the Istanbul - Baghdad Railway line and put into service in 1908, dates back to the 1870s. In 1871, Haydarpaşa - Izmit was completed in `` concrete '' in 1873. Haydarpaşa Train Station was named after Haydar Pasha, who contributed to the construction of the Selimiye Barracks. Sultan III. Selim deemed it appropriate to call this district and its vicinity Haydarpaşa as a gesture to Haydar Pasha, who made great efforts during the construction of the barracks bearing his name.
Haydarpaşa Train Station is outside of the traditional Ottoman architecture. Haydarpaşa, built by two architects, is called a neo-classical building. Haydarpaşa Train Station, which is spread over an area of 3,836 ha in total, has 5 floors. Light pink colored granite stones, each 21 meters long built on 1100 wooden piles, were brought from Hereke. The windows of the Gar are made of wood and there are rectangular ornamental columns between the rectangular windows. On the facing side of the building, there are circular towers that narrow from the floor to the roof, coinciding with both ends. Lefke - Osmaneli stone facade cladding was used on the ground and mezzanines of the building.
The station, which was used as a freight and passenger station during the Ottoman period, advanced into Anatolia with the expansion of the railway network and the importance of the station increased. Haydarpaşa Train Station has an architecture, as people who have been in many Turkish movies, who have witnessed reunions and separation, and who have looked at one of the most beautiful views of Istanbul for the first time, know very well. The most known express lines departing from Haydarpaşa Train Station are; Eastern Express, Fatih Express, Capital Express, Kurtalan Express.
In 2010, the construction of Haydarpaşa Train Station, which had its roof burnt out suddenly due to a fire, continues.